5th Annual Mentor Cup
Spring & Summer, 2022 – North Myrtle Beach
Benefitting The First Tee & Gene’s Dream Foundation
Become a Sponsor
LOCAL QUALIFIER – JULY 9th, SHAFTESBURY GLEN
Finals to be hosted at Tidewater Golf Club
2022 Event Information
WHO & WHAT
The First Tee and Kelly Tilghman’s foundation will conduct The First Tee Mentor Cup, a national, amateur, mentor based charity golf program that will promote education and equality between girls and boys (ages 7 18) and women and men through golf clinics and tournaments.
The Mentor Cup will begin in the Spring of 2022 with local qualifying events conducted by The First Tee chapters. Winners will advance to a Regional Championship Tournament the following Summer in North Myrtle Beach as part of Family Golf Week. They will be treated to 18 holes of championship golf and a medley of educational clinics that promote mentorship, equality and inclusion.
PHASE 1 – LOCAL
The Mentor Cup will begin in the Spring of 2022 with local junior qualifying events conducted by The First Tee and its Mentors. Local winners will advance to regional events conducted by The First Tee. Girls and boys will compete side by side with their mentors. Girls and boys can participate and succeed and gain recognition for athletic talent and demonstration of outstanding character.
PHASE 2 – REGIONAL
The title sponsor and other national and local sponsors, will have the opportunity to extend brand exposure, engage with highly targeted, hard to reach affluent adult golfers at the regional level , and promote products and services to those who own or manage small and midsize businesses while supporting the Mentor Cup’s mission of equality, education, and empowerment.
THE EXPERIENCED PARTNER
of leadership and success with the Cadillac/Liberty Mutual Invitational. FMU’s experience translates to
lower overhead and significant economies of scale a necessity for a grassroots program.
Fortune Marketing Unlimited (FMU) created and has managed the Invitational program since 1987. For Liberty Mutual, FMU’s proven management team:
- Secures national presenting sponsors, such as Cobra Puma Golf, Bridgestone Golf, Callaway Golf, Under Armour , Cadillac/General Motors, GMAC, Seagram, American Express, TaylorMade, adidas Golf, Sports Illustrated/Golf Magazine, Polaroid, Shark/Ninja, PepsiCo, etc.
- Secures top line branding for all events, promotional materials, golfer gifts and prizes, and local media coverage.
- Works at the local level to manage some 3,900+ tournaments.
- Helps select and support local charities, while raising more than $252 million (net proceeds).Identifies highly desirable golf course venues to host the local events.
- Helps provide outstanding client entertainment experiences for its partners and clients.
- Delivers access to a highly targeted, difficult to reach audience of affluent golfers, businessmen, and philanthropists who are potential customers.
- Design and production of amenities such as custom golfer gifts and prizes and on site signage and promotional materials.
- Media relations supported by each local participating charity through its network of partners.