INTRODUCING THE MENTOR CHALLENGE
October 31, 2020 – Tidewater Golf Club
Benefitting Gene’s Dream Foundation
Become a Sponsor
To raise funds in 2020, Gene’s Dream Foundation proudly brings you the Mentor Challenge, an 18-hole captain’s choice golf tournament at beautiful Tidewater Golf Club. Proceeds benefit Gene’s Dream Foundation and The First Tee of Coastal Carolinas.
“The year 2020 will forever be remembered for its hardships and challenges. COVID-19 has changed the way we live and things may not return to normal for a while. When my young daughter asks me how we’re going to get through this, I tell her we will ‘hope, dream and believe’… and we will play golf.
Thankfully, our beloved game has been a welcome escape from these hard times. It is widely considered to be one of the safest ways to get much needed fresh air and exercise. It also happens to be one of the most effective ways for us to make a philanthropic difference which is so important during these trying times.
One of our foundation’s biggest beneficiaries, The First Tee of Coastal Carolinas, has been deeply affected by the financial impacts of the virus. The families and children who depend on this program for positive development and mentorship need our help to keep it alive and well.
On Saturday, October 31, our team at Gene’s Dream Foundation invites you to join us for a ‘charitable escape’ to bring relief to our First Tee chapter. You’ll receive a round of 18 holes at beautiful Tidewater Golf Club, a golfer gift package valued at nearly $300 and the chance to play in the 2021 National Finals at Pinehurst Resort.
Rest assured, we will put health and safety first by adhering to CDC guidelines. We will create a socially distanced experience via rolling tee times, a single cart riding system, online results/awards presentations and more. The goal is to have fun while raising critical funds in the process.
I want the kids in my hometown area to have access to this great game and the wonderful opportunities it provides. I want to personally thank you for helping us make that happen.
We hope to see you at Tidewater Golf Club in October for the Mentor Challenge!”
Listen to Kelly Tilghman Interview on Golf Shop Radio
Participant Gift Bag:
- Sports Beats Bluetooth Earphones
- Puma Golf Hat
- Leather Valuables Tray
- USB Drive with Leather Case
- Short Par Four Golf Apparel 1 Month Subscription
- Bridgestone LM Logoed Golf Balls (2 sleeves)
- Subscription to Global Golf Post and Free Trial to Global Golf Post
- Myrtle Beach Golf Trail Memberships for all locals that participate – $59 per person value = $236 in total team value
- 7am, a “contactless” range will be set up with complimentary range balls already in place
- Every golfer has his/her own cart
- Tee times scheduled to start 8am / 9 minute intervals off #1 & #10
- Tournament format is a 4-person scramble, or captain’s choice
- Mulligans/raffle prizes will be available for purchase at registration